I went to the Deloitte Media Consumer 2015 survey presentation presented by Matt Guest, their Head of Digital Strategy EMEA. The survey focusses on media consumption habits in the UK, and was an informal, highly interactive presentation. So interactive, that I apologise to the rest of the audience for asking so many questions.
The invite pulled out some key stats:
- A third of us watch the same TV shows every day
- 61% watch on average one short form video a day
- The younger generation prefers sharing social media content with a limited amount of followers
- 36% of adults feel they don’t need to go and see big releases in the cinema as they are available on demand so quickly
- For up-to-date news content, 70% of users turn to Twitter